Aditya Mishra joined the Flatiron Institute in 2017 as a Flatiron research fellow in the Center for Computational Mathematics. He is developing statistical methods and software with applications to microbial data. Before coming to the foundation, Aditya obtained his Ph.D. in Statistics from the Department of Statistics, University of Connecticut, Storrs. His Ph.D. dissertation is on statistical methods for low-rank and sparse recovery in multivariate analysis. He holds a B.S. and M.S. degree in Statistics and Informatics from the Department of Mathematics, Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur, India.
My research interest includes dimension reduction, variable selection, multivariate analysis, regularization, statistical computing, compositional data analytics, robust statistics, microbiome data analytics, variational inference, and marine ecosystems modeling.
I am interested in developing statistical methods and computational tools to solve the challenging data-driven problems in biological science.
As a collaborator in the Simons Collaboration on Computational Biogeochemical Modeling of Marine Ecosystems (CBIOMES), I use existing statistical tools and develop novel statistical methods to analyze marine data.
Click here for my curriculum vitae.
Click here for R packages developed on my GitHub page.
Publications and Preprints
- Mishra, A., Dey, D., Chen, K. (2017) Sequential Co-Sparse Factor Regression. Journal of Computational and Graphical Statistics, 26(4), 814-825
- Mishra, A., Dey, D., Chen, Y., Chen, K. (2020) Generalized Co-sparse Factor Regression. Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, p.107127.
- Mishra, A., Müller, C., (2019) Robust Regression with Compositional Covariates. arXiv preprint arXiv:1909.04990.
Paper in Preparation
- Mishra, A., Buja, A., Müller, C. Negative Binomials Factor Regression Model for Microbiome Data Analysis.
- Mishra, A., Müller, C., McNichol, J., Blei, D. Embedding Model for Learning Microbial Associations.
- Mishra, A., Müller, C. Robust Microbial Associations Network Model.
- Mutshinda, C., Mishra, A., Finkel, Z., Widdicombe, C., Irwin, A. Using a two-component Bayesian model to decouple the abiotic controls of phytoplankton occurrence and abundance from in situ data.
- Mishra, A., Chen, K. (2017). secure: Sequential Co-Sparse Factor Regression. R package link.
- Mishra, A., Chen, K. (2020). gofar: Generalized Co-sparse Factor Regression. R package link.
- Mishra, A., Müller, C., (2019). robregcc: Robust Regression with Compositional Covariates. R package link.
- Mishra, A., Buja, A., Müller, C. (2020). nbfar: Negative Binomials Factor Regression Model for Microbiome Data Analysis. R package link.
- Mishra, A., Hyun, S., Bien, J., Müller, C., (2019). cmap4r: CMAP for R Users. R package link.
- ISI World Statistics Congress, Kuala Lampur, Malaysia. Aug 2019
- WNAR/IMS Annual Meeting, Portland, Oregon. June 2019
- ITMAT Weekly Seminar, Perelman School of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA. June 2019
- CBIOMES Annual Meeting, NYC, NY. May 2019
- New England Statistics Symposium, Hartford, CT. May 2019
- SAMSI Operator Splitting Workshop, NYC, NY. March 2019
- Dept. of Economic Sciences Colloquium at IIT Kanpur, Kanpur, India. Jan 2019
- Dept. of Mathematics & Statistics Colloquium at IIT Kanpur, Kanpur, India. Jan 2019
- National Centre for Biological Sciences Colloquium, Bangalore, India. Jan 2019
- Fall Colloquium Seminars at Columbia Biostatistics, NYC, NY. Sept 2018
- ASA Conference on Statistical Learning and Data Science, NYC, NY. June 2018
- SAMSI Operator Splitting Workshop, Raleigh, NC. March 2018
- Virtual Joint Statistical Meeting, ASA. Aug 2020
- CMStatistics Annual Meeting, London, UK. Dec 2019
- CBIOMES Virtual Meeting. Nov 2019
- ASA Joint Statistical Meetings, Denver, CO. July 2019
- Biometric Society (ENAR) Spring Meeting, Philadelphia, PH. March 2019
- CMStatistics Annual Meeting, Pisa, Italy. Dec 2018
- ASA Joint Statistical Meetings, Baltimore, MD. July 2017
- Biometric Society (ENAR) Spring Meeting, Washington, D.C. March 2017
- International Indian Statistical Association Conference, Pune, India. Dec 2015